Risk: Prospects for Technology and Democracy in the New Millenium.
~~ Program Covenant ~~
Facutly and Students agree:
- to be preparedfor (have read materials and identified questions for discussion raised by assigned readings) and attend scheduled classes and activities regularly and on time, making advance preparartions for planned absences and timely notifications of absences that occur due to emergencies;
- to maintain an inquiring mind regarsing complex and/or controversial ideas in readings, films, lectures and program discussions;
- that partial credit may not be earned for the political science, science and technology studies, and English composition components of the course;
- to participate in the developement of seminar covenants and fulfill the responsibilities there agreed to;
- to work to resolve any disputes or disagreements that arise (with or among faculty or students) constructively, using direct communication with the person(s) involved as a first resort and only when that does not succeed by turning to college procedures outlined in the Rights and Responsibilities document.
- to adhere to the stipulations of the program syllabus;
- to be available for student conferences and to respond to questions during announced office hours, by e-mail and keep scheduled appointments;
- to complete student evalutaions and discuss with students in individual conferences at term end;
- to upholdfaculty responsabilities as identified in The Evergreen State College Social Contract.
Students agree to:
Return to the Risk Homepage
- attend lectures, workshops, and films regularly and on time, notifying faculty or seminar leaders when absenecs are required (understanding that more than two absences will place credit in jeopardy);
- complete written and oral assignments on time and according to specifications for the assignment as (understanding that missed assignments can result in loss of course credit);
- be honest and original in completing assignments, carefully documenting claims and crediting sources of material quoted, paraphrased, or otherwise used in the assignment;
- take responsibility for learnign complicated material;
- complete self and faculty evalutaion at end of term.