| 29 May 2004
||Prep sheet: These questions (modified from Dr. Lance Laird) are designed to get you in the mode of self-evaluation. Turn a legible copy in to your prof by week 10, along with any checklists. Then continue assembling your portfolio.|
|1. "The work in this program of which I am most
proud is ... because ..."
2. "The skill I feel I improved on most is ..."
3. " A skill I want to work on more is ..."
4. What chapters of which books do you feel you
worked the hardest on this quarter? "The reading material I gained
the most from was ... because ...
5. What chapters or books do you feel you slighted?
6. What workshops do you feel you worked the
hardest on? "The workshop I learned the most from was ...
by doing ..."
7. How did your nighttime observations contribute
to your overall understanding? "I learned ... on the roof (or
on the field trip) by doing ... This connected to the program
material by ..."
8. How did your seminar skills develop this quarter?
Have you learned to prepare more usefully? What are the most constructive
ways you feel you contributed to seminar?
9. "Looking back over my lecture and workshop
notes, hy homework and quizzes, my seminar paragraphs and responses,
my observing journal, my research project, ..., these are some major
themes that caught my attention..."
10. "Of these themes, I have been able to integrate
the following into a deeper understanding of ... As an example
of this understanding ..." (describe a specific
work that clearly demonstrates your understanding).
11. How has your understanding of how
interpretations of the universe are constructed, found, or expressed
become more complex as a result of your work in this program?
"I found new ways to think about ... through ..."
12. "I learned ... from doing my research project.
13. I learned ... from presenting my research in front
of the class."
14. "The most important thing I have gained from
my peers in this program is ..."
15. "The most important thing I have learned
about myself this quarter is ..."
16. "Things I wish I had done better include
17. "I seem to learn more when .. "
18. A little honesty: " I missed ____ workshops,
___ lectures,____ seminars, ____pre-seminar posts____ essays, ____ essay
responses, __ quizzes, ... this quarter. The
effect this had on my learning is ... "
19. "Something important I learned that is not
reflected elsewhere in my portfolio is that ..."