Resources for Animal Behavior & Zoology students
- Misbehaving, where AB&Z students go to blog.
Panama and study abroad related materials
- Medical History and Emergency Contacts form (.pdf).
Medical History form (.doc)
Fill this out and send it back to me as an Email attachment, titled "Lastname, firstname, medhist.doc"
- TESC Pre-travel assessment form and medical history. The Evergreen Student Health Center offers travel consultations for $35; fill out this form, then make an appointment.
- Evergreen's list of other travel clinics in the Olympia area.
Grants and other Funding Opportunities
- Foundation Activity Grants. These Evergreen grants are in flux, and the website has outdated deadlines on it, but will be updated soon. Awards of up to $1000 / student are possible (more for student teams), and the deadlines will be in weeks 7 & 8 of Fall for awards to be used in Winter quarter; weeks 7 & 8 of Winter for Spring awards.
- CDC Paid Summer Internship in Environmental Health (as mentioned in class)
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) offers students who are traditionally underrepresented in graduate school (including first-generation and low-income students) research opportunities at major research opportunities during the Summer.
- TESC's guide to scholarships for 2009-2010 is out, as of January 9, 2009.
Mentioned in Class
- Fairbanks & Rytting 2001. This is as close to a perfect abstract as I have yet seen.
- Past animal behavior research projects. You can look through these to get some ideas for your collaborative research projects this quarter.
- Jumping spider courtship dances
Miscellaneous things that have caught my eye
- The New York Times on the two kinds of math
- Harper's Magazine on the many uses of national forest land ("Letter from Kentucky")