Spring Quarter Book List
So here it is! The book list for spring quarter (in its final form on March 6). This should be the absolute-most-final-last-one, but if there becomes any changes in it I'll post them as soon as possible. Okay, here it goes...
- WEEK 1: Barry Lopez: Crossing Open Ground (to be read over spring break)
- WEEK 2: John McPhee: The Control of Nature
- WEEK 3: Molly Gloss: The Jump-off Creek
- WEEK 4: Wallace Stegner: Angle of Repose
- WEEK 5: Kathleen Norris: Dakota
- WEEK 6: Robert Brandon: Concepts and Methods in Evolutionary Biology
- WEEK 7: Robert Pyle: Where Bigfoot Walks
- WEEK 8: Leslie Silko: Ceremony
- WEEK 9: Edward Abbey: Desert Solitaire
- WEEK 10: John Stratley: The Woman Who Married a Bear
- Conservation Biology
- Selznik: Chapter 15
- Stegner Essay
- LeGuin excerpt
And just so you know when to show up to show off your knowledge of these exciting books, here's next quarters schedule.
Project groups will meet on their own on fridays before meeting with faculty.
- Thursday: 9-11 Lecture hall 3, 11-4 Library 3500
- Friday: Times to be discussed first week of class after break
Return to main page