Due March 3rd
Modifying the whiteboard
Working in teams of 2-3 add additional features or improve in some
way the shared whiteboard.
Here are some suggestions...
The code is on grace (reachable from solduc) in the
/opt/tcltk.samples/dpwish/whiteboard directory. Copy wbClient.tcl and wbServer.tcl into your one of your directories, Change the first line of each script so that it points to dpwish, chmod the files and run them (wbServer first!)
- add a text box so that people can chat about what they're doing.
- Add some sort of control mechanisms so that only one person can
change the whiteboard at a time.
- Make a central console that sets up whiteboards on various systems
(don't know if that's possible!). Alternatively make a console
that shows, say, six active whiteboards, and includes information
about who's participating in each one.
- Add other geometric entities.
- Make the whiteboard "refreshable" (currently if a whiteboard
is resized the changes in other whiteboards are not reflected)
- Add writing whiteboard information and reloading it.
- Letting whiteboard users tweak their local whiteboards.
- communicating *between* whiteboards!!
- Adding video... :-)