From:  EarthAction Alerts Network [SMTP:info@earthaction.org]
To:  Ms. Lin  Nelson
Subject:  Please Contact UN Missions re: Iraq

Ms. Lin  Nelson,

We think it's important that the Ambassadors of the countries that are currently serving on the UN Security Council hear from American citizens that they have our encouragement to hold firm against the Bush Administration's resolutions calling for war against Iraq, and to support resolutions that will let the inspections work.

A friend of mine just spoke with France's UN mission.  He reported that they are BEGGING us to flood their offices and the other UN offices with emails to STOP the WAR.

France and the other UN Security Council countries need to know that Americans are with them on this. Below, are the UN email addresses, and a few sample messages for the Security Council members.

PLEASE do this today, if at all possible, and forward this to everyone you can.  Thanks for taking this action.
Your colleagues at EarthAction

Contact info for members of Security Council (Ambassador's name, email address and fax number)
H.E. Ambassador M. Jean-Marc de la Sabliere
france-presse@un.int
(212) 207-9765

H.E. Ambassador Mr. Sergei Lavrov
rusun@un.int
(212) 628-0252

H.E. Ambassador Wang Yingfan
chinamission_un@fmprc.gov.cn
(212) 634-7626

H.E. Ambassador Dr. Gunter Pleuger
contact@germany-un.org
(212) 940-0402

H.E. Ambassador Inocencio F. Arias
spain@spainun.org
(212) 682-4460

H.E. Ambassador Sir Jeremy Greenstock
uk@un.int
(212) 745-9316

H.E. Ambassador Mr. Stefan Tafrov
bulgaria@un.int
(212) 472-9865

H.E. Ambassador Martin Belinga Eboutou
info@cameroonmission.org
(212) 249-0533

H.E. Ambassador M. Francois Lonseny Fall
guinea@un.int
(212) 687-8248

H. E. Amnbassador Adolfo Aguilar Zi-nser
mexico@un.int
(212) 688-8862

H.E. Ambassador Dr. Mikha'il Wahbi
syria@un.int
(212) 983-4439

H.E. Ambassador Dr. Ismael Gaspar Martins ginasensi@yahoo.com (temporary e-mail)
(212) 861-9295
H.E. Ambassador Juan Gabriel Valdes
chile@un.int
(212) 832-0236

H.E. Ambassador Munir Akram
Pakistan@un.int
(212) 744-7348

Here are the three basic messages for ambassadors (each with the subject "Message for the Ambassador"):

To:     His Excellency Ambassador Mr. ______________________
From:   (Your name)

Dear Mr. Ambassador:
I hope you will hold firm in your opposition to the reckless determination of the government of my country to rush headlong into war, a war which would have disastrous results for the people of Iraq, the people of the United States and for all humanity. I and many others stand with you for sanity.

[your name]
The above would be appropriate to France, Germany, Russia, and China.

To:     His Excellency Ambassador ______________
From:   [Your name]

Dear Mr. Ambassador:
I hope your government will change its position of supporting the reckless determination of the government of my country to rush headlong into war, a war which would have disastrous results for the people of Iraq, the people of the United States and for all humanity. I and many others here in the United States and throughout the world stand  in opposition to the misguided policy of the government of the United States.

The above would be appropriate to the UK and Spain.

To:     His Excellency Ambassador _________________
From:   [Your name]

Dear Mr. Ambassador:
I hope you will take a position in opposition to the reckless determination of the government of my country to rush headlong into war, a war which would have disastrous results for the people of Iraq, the people of the United States and for all humanity. I and many others will stand with you in opposing the misguided policy of the government of my country.

The above would be appropriate to all the other countries listed.

EarthAction is a global network of 2,100 non-governmental organizations in more than 161 countries that work together on global environment, peace, development and human rights issues.

EarthAction
30 Cottage Street
Amherst, MA 01002 USA
Tel: +1 413 549 8118