2005-06 Reconciliation: A Process of Human Balance
Fall 2005 Announcements

Dear Professor Nakasone,

I am writing to ask for your help in spreading the word about the Greenpeace
Organizing Term (GOT), a leadership development program for undergraduate
students.

Through the GOT, students receive over 50 skills trainings on topics ranging
from how to plan campaigns to working with the media, meet with the nation's
top environmental leaders, and acquire hands-on experience working on a
priority Greenpeace campaign. Since the program began one year ago, we have
trained twenty student activists. These students have played active roles in
key environmental campaigns, bringing about campus clean energy victories
and working to protect the last remaining ancient forests in North America.
You can find more information at www.greenpeaceusa.org/got

The best way you can help is by forwarding the email below to your classes
or interested students.

We also would like to invite you to become a member of our referral network.
As a member of the referral network, you will receive a mailing from
Greenpeace twice a year asking you to post fliers, make announcements in
your classes or recommend freshmen and sophomore students you think would be
great for the program.

Please let me know if you can email the announcement below or if you would
like to join the referral network. We are excited to have you involved!

Sincerely,

Amy Faulring
Organizing Term Coordinator
Greenpeace USA
202-319-2436

PLEASE FORWARD THE FOLLOWING LETTER TO STUDENTS WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
THIS PROGRAM.

Dear Student,

I am writing to invite you to apply for the Greenpeace Organizing Term, a
semester of ACTION, TRAINING, and TRAVEL.

You can learn more and apply at www.greenpeaceusa.org/got

The Greenpeace Organizing Term (GOT) is an action-filled semester and the
best hands-on training for you to become an environmental leader. You'll be
making an investment in your leadership skills and get trainings in
grassroots organizing, media, direct action, and campaign strategy. You'll
travel abroad with Greenpeace and join a team of incredible activists
working to protect the planet.

The early application deadline is Friday, October 7th. To learn more and to
apply, visit
www.greenpeaceusa.org/got

For more information, contact me at 202-319-2436 or got@wdc.greenpeace.org

For a green and peaceful future,

Amy Faulring
Organizing Term Coordinator
Greenpeace USA
202-319-2436
got@wdc.greenpeace.org

Hello,

My name is Eva Wong, and I am the
editor of the Cooper Point Journal. This year, members of our student group are putting together a plan to seek out new contributors among the student body. One of our ideas is to speak to students during classes about becoming involved with the CPJ.

We are interested in all kinds of content- news articles, letters and opinions pieces, photography and other visual art, etc. Contributing to the CPJ is a great way for students to become involved with their community and share their work, interests and ideas on a larger scale.

If any members of the faculty would be interested in having a member of the CPJ give a short (no more than 5 minutes) talk to their students, please let us know.

We can be reached by email at cpj@evergreen.edu, or by phone (360)
867-6213.

Thank you,

Eva Wong

~~~~~~Luis Rodriguez~~~~~~

Author of: Music of the Mill, Hearts and Hands: Creating Community in Violent Times, and Always Running: La Vida Loca, Gang Days in L.A.

Will be speaking in CAB 110
@ 7pm on November 9th

Hosted by: MEChA de Evergreen.
for more information call: 360-867-6583   or   e-mail TESCMECHA@yahoo.com

The 2007-2008 Fulbright US Student Program

US Citizen undergraduate students or recent graduates who are considering graduate work overseas should attend:

Fulbright Workshop for US students

Wednesday 11/9  4:00 pm

Sem II B-1107

<>Come learn about excellent opportunities for graduate study, research and teaching assistantships abroad, supported by a variety of Fulbright grants.  The deadline for completed proposals: October 2006

Contact:  Michael Clifthorne, Coordinator, Int'l Progs & Services, Academic Advising, L2153 or call 867-6312 for an appt.

For more info:  www.iie.org/fulbright/us

Dear Faculty:

International Programs and the academic deans are sponsoring a Study Abroad Showcase to highlight faculty-led programs abroad and provide a venue for students to show work they completed on a study abroad.

Study Abroad Showcase
Tuesday, November 29 from 3-5pm,
SEM II, B1107

Events:

                Featuring faculty-led programs and past student projects

To promote your program at the fair, or to recommend students to present work, please email me back and I'll make all the arrangements.

Students could give a poster presentation or a lap top slide show, play music, show art work or photo albums, present writing, etc. We hope that providing this venue will assist both students and faculty in demonstrating the valuable and interesting work that comes from study abroad.

If you cannot attend the event, please email me back with materials promoting your program, and I'll make them available for interested students.

                Nuts & bolts of study abroad for students

                For past study abroad students - how to integrate your experience abroad into your life in the US;
                internationalizing your work; cheap ways to get abroad again!

I hope to see many of you at the event; please send your students too!  I am also available to present workshops in your programs at your convenience.

Best,
Chris
Christine L. Ciancetta
International Special Projects
SEM 2, B2129
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505

Evergreen Men's Soccer
closes out its home season,

Thursday, October 27, 3:00 p.m.
vs. Warner Pacific College

This will be Senior Day.  Five of the seven players to be honored were members of the 2004 NAIA Region I championship team.

Come out and help Evergreen honor James McDonnell, Jeff Bader, Luke Arthur, Jeff Wruck, Sean Oliver, Greg Preciado and Jordon Saxman!

TO:     The Faculty
FROM:   The Academic Deans:
  (Theresa Aragon, Eddy Brown,  Russ Fox, Rita Pougiales, Ken Tabbutt, Tom Womeldorff) DATE :  October 21, 2005
RE:     Fifth Week Warning
REMINDER
: Fifth-week warning letters are due to the students by Friday, October 29.

Please be sure to contact all students who are in danger of earning reduced credit or no credit for fall quarter. Let them know what they need to do to earn full credit, with a schedule for completing the work, if possible. Many faculty find this a useful opportunity to chat briefly with all their students to make sure they and the students agree about how the student's work is progressing. It is important for students to understand that the absence of a fifth-week warning is not a guarantee that they will receive credit. The warning is a notification to students who are clearly in danger of losing credit.

Mercy Kariuki-McGee, Program Assistant Academic Deans Area

To Co-learners in the 2005-06 Reconciliation Program:
We are receiving via email or Web Crossing your mid term report. It can include your plan for the year in whatever stage it is (tentative to definite). If you need to conference with us please attend community visiting time on tuesday or thursday, or set up a meeting.
Your Team

OCT 22nd. Class
  Advanced Topics
10AM-3PM Lab I Room 1040
return

Native American Speaker Wilma Mankiller, Nov. 3, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Bldg. 11 Tacoma Community College
Main Campus  Wilma Mankiller is the former principal chief of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. She was the first female in modern history to lead a major Native American tribe and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Her goal is to help Native Americans solve their own social and economic problems. Part of the 2005-2006 Artist and Lecture Series. Sponsored by the Associated Students of Tacoma Community College. 253.566.5118. Free. Tacoma Community College Main Campus, Opgaard Student Center, Building 11, 6501 S. 19th St., Tacoma.

    This Friday, Oct. 14th YEHA is coming to Evergreen for the Healing Arts Festival. Between noon and 1:30pm drummers from Korea will be performing along with the members of The Young Earth Human Alliance doing yoga and providing information on other healing arts. COME JOIN THE FUN! IT'S FREE!

HEAING ARTS FESTIVAL:
     WHEN: FRIDAY OCT. 14TH 12:00-1:30PM
    WHERE: RED SQUARE
      FEE: FREE!!!

WHO ARE YEHA?

YEHA(Young Earth Human Alliance) is a group of young-spirited Dahn Hak members who choose to grow themselves by actively and joyfully healing themselves, their community and their Earth. YEHA uses healing method of sharing Yuln yu (expression of true self energy). YEHA adopts Peace-Healing-Brain-Humanity-Earth value system in all its activities. It is YEHA's philosophy that all problems can be solved more fundamentally through focusing on the human consciousness than devising institutional measures. All YEHA members work together to let the Humanity incorporate Earth as a center value to unlock their brain and use their brain to its 100% potential.

This is a tribe for all young spirited individuals not just Dahn Hak members. We are young dreamers and now is the time to manifest. We can help eachother grow by sharing our adventures, questions, and creativity. WE need to combine our energy to help the world around us. Actions speak louder than words!

Much Love, Respect and peace within the chaos:)

There's still time to apply for a position of extra responsibility at the Cooper Point Journal. Applications for all of the following positions are due Tuesday, October 18:

News                                    Business
Arts & Entertainment Coordinator        Assistant Business Manager
Briefs Coordinator                      Ad Proofer / Ad Archivist
Calendar Coordinator                    Ad Sales Rep
Comics Coordinator                      Circulation / Archivist
Copy Editor                             Distribution
Designer (3 openings)                   General Aid
Letters & Opinions Coordinator
News Coordinator
Photo Coordinator
Reporter (2 openings)
Seepage Coordinator
Sports Coordinator
Student Voice Coordinator

Applications are available in CAB 316. If you have any questions about news positions, contact editor-in-chief Eva Wong or managing editor Kate DeGraaff at 867-6213 or cpj@evergreen.edu. If you have any questions about business positions, contact business manager Corey Young at 867-6054 or cpjbiz@evergreen.edu.

Subject: Writing Center
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:24:39 -0700
From: Kelly, Chalen <kelcha11@evergreen.edu>
To: Nakasone, Raul <NakasonR@evergreen.edu>

Hola Raul,

I very much want to visit your class, but the days you are in class are the days I am working. I am considering taking a Tuesday afternoon off to come to visit but (due to the high volume of new students in fall) I must wait until week 4 or later to do it.

If student's want to email me questions about the visit I would be grateful, then I could focus my presentation towards their interests rather than just showing up with stuff they don't care about.

You might mention to your students that I would be happy to work with them on any writing they are doing. I am in the Writing Center in CAB 108 Tuesday through Friday until three P.M., though on Thursdays I am not available for tuturing as I am assisting in Pat Krafkic's class all day.

Chalen