W2006- Reconciliation - ANNOUNCEMENTS

The saturday Reconciliation/Contracts "Theory to Praxis" group will not meet on April 8th.  Instead, choose from the following options:

*UW Native American Film Festival (attend 1 day or the whole event) April 6-8 at the Ethnic Cultural Center).  The poster was sent by email to you last week.

*Voicing Tribal Women featuring Diane E Benson "The Story of Elizabeth Peratrovich & Alaskan Civil Rights" TESC Longhouse, free admission, 6-9 pm on friday, April 7th

*Sweet Honey In the Rock - concert April 7th at 8:00 p.m. at the Paramount, Seattle.  Ticketmaster 206-628-0888 (benefits Newspapers in Education project)

*Dr. Cornel West Speaks, Saturday, April 8th at 7:00 p.m. at TESC College Recreation Center  $15.00 in advance at Rainy Day Records or $20.00 at the door.  Students with ID $7.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door.

*April 8th is also "Uncle Phil's Pow-wow" at Tacoma Community College.  (I'll get the particulars to you soon.)

We will meet on April 22nd and report on our findings.  The spring quarter schedule also includes:  May 6th, May 20th, and June 3rd.

Students who have concluded their studies and have petitioned to graduate are invited to attend our June 3rd class because we want to send you outta here in style!!!  (Let me know if you can attend this gathering in the morning for breakfast and a short ceremony.  Stay for the full workshop if possible!)

As I mentioned to one of you in an earlier email - "I'm sorry we didn't get to decide about this saturday and class.  I've had more people say it would have been good for closure...to talk about our quarter, say good-by in a formal way, have a few good belly laughs, and talk about our plans for spring quarter.  Well, thats one of the things that I learn is people really do mean it when they say - this is my family, my community, my haven!"

Yvonne

I will also be presenting on Thursday. Please, please come if you can! It would be lovely to have an audience to captivate; I will bring tea or some such beverage. I will present whenever anyone else is done...or whatever, I am flexible.
Yvonne--I will bring my evals and also send them to you in email form.
Thanks for your time,
Kellan

From: Kai Power <xghopx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:50:40 -0800
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] Thursday Presentation

If there's time still available, I'd like to present on Thursday as well.  Due to the nature of my project, I won't need much time.

From: Robyn Minkler <rminkler@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:22:50 -0800
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] Presentation on Thursday?

I would like to do my presentation and evaluation conference on
thursday afternoon. See you there.

-Robyn Minkler

From: Justin Honeywell <justinlittlefeather@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:31:43 -0800
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] Presentation

Hello everyone,
I would like to do my presentation on the Thursday as well. Whenever there
is time. I will need around 1/2 hour if possible. Thanks.

Peace and Wellbeing,
Justin

From: sebi stratton <sebstrat@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:38:36 -0800 (PST)
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] A presentation/discussion

Hey Ya'll,
 I'm just wrapping up my time here in Reconciliation
and wanted to let you all know I will be presenting my
work on teusday the 14th at 2pmish next week.  I will
be talking briefly about some of my conclusions on my
research (about the connections between developmental
disorders (touretts, OCD, and autism) and less drastic
disorders such as ADD and dyslexia, among others.)
Also there will be yummy cinnamon coffee cake thats
VEGAN..so if for no other reason come see how i've
learned to cook this year an give me some feedback or
recipies!  After my talk on the intro to LD (learning
differences) and PDD (Pervasive Developmental
Disorders) I would love to talk for a bit about some
of the theories i have come up with on learning and
alternative learning as well as anything about
learning, memory, and conciousness that you care to
share!
        Okay, hope thats not too confusing..and hope
to see some of you there (invite anyone you think
would be interested!)
                       -Forever your co-learner
                                       Seb

(Oh and Justin, -A not so subtle reminder; if you
could bring that bow and arrow for teusday that would
rock my socks!)

From: Ariella <sinda_rella7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:27:55 -0800 (PST)
To: Raul Nakasone <nakasonr@evergreen.edu>
Subject: Re: [reconciliation] Re: Help for the new students

dear raul,
i wanted to let you know i will be presenting in class
on thursday. i mentioned this to you in class today so
if you wanted to invite people please do so. i will be
presenting on my jewerly business and my community
services.

love,
ariella

From: Colleen <johnson.colleen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:27:35 -0500
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] RE: Yvonne! Raul! David! PLEASE RESPOND!!!

Hello Yvonne,

       If I could have a spot on Tuesday, March 14th for my presentation, could we do our student-teacher eval session after that?

         I will be completing my work with Reconciliation this quarter.  I am thrilled to share Eastern Kentucky with you all that Tuesday.

     I hope you all are finding your way to the end of the quarter.  Sharing our adventures should be a lovely time.

                 see you all soon!  -Colleen

From: sebi stratton <sebstrat@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:57:56 -0800 (PST)
To: Reconciliation <reconciliation@lists.evergreen.edu>
Subject: [reconciliation] Hey Raul, Yvonne an David!

Hey Ya'll,
 Just wanted to reserve a slot for presenting on
tuesday the 14th, and also I was wondering if we could
meet sometime week 10 as i was hoping to travel on the
weekend before eval week.  Anytime tuesday works for
me, but if I need to pick a time 2ish would be great.
Thank you all for providing us with a program like
this, it has taught me so much and let me find
direction in my studies.  Please let me know if this
works for you.
    Have a good week,
                 Seb Stratton-Clarke

From: "West, Matthew" <wesmat01@evergreen.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:20:13 -0800
To: "Nakasone, Raul" <NakasonR@evergreen.edu>

I would like to have my presentation on thursday the ninth. Is this posible? Will accomodations for power point be available? Do I need to have a completed academic portfolio?

Matt West

Wellll...happy valentine's day everyone!

I finally walked by the notice about "Genealogy-Genealogical Resources at the Washington State Library" that I referred to on saturday. It is a brown bag presentation with Heather Muller and Lynn Red on thursday (2-16-06) from 12:10 to 1:00 p.m. at the Washington State Library in Room 221.  The address is 6880 Capitol Boulevard South, Tumwater.  Heather and Lynn work at reference services at the Washington State Library.  This presentation is a quick overview of the genealogical resources available at your WSL.  Most of the collections focus on Washington State and Washington Territory.  They also talk about accessing national resources, such as Ancestry.com and Heritage Quest Online.

Can you believe we had saturday super-packed?  We had one more video by the group from the UW "The Border Crossed Us" and it would have been great to review because we now know a little bit about the process.

Enjoy the weather and talk to you soon.
Yvonne