Current Program Information
Information as of September 20, 2004:
The program is currently fully enrolled with a short waiting list. Typically, however, some students will move from program to program, right up to the first day of class. If you are interested in taking this program, you should attend the first class meeting. Students who are enrolled but who do not attend the first meeting (unless they have made prior arrangements with the faculty) will be dropped; unenrolled students who do attend will be added as space is available. You can still register using Evergreen's online registration system.
The program books are now available in the bookstore. For fall quarter, our texts are:
- **The Oxford Study Bible.
- Arendt, Hannah. The Human Condition.
- **Aristotle. Nicomachean Ethics. Trans. Terence Irwin.
- Carr, E. H. What is History?
- Defoe, Daniel. Robinson Crusoe.
- **Epictetus. The Handbook.
- **Homer. Odyssey. Trans. Robert Fitzgerald.
- Tillyard, E. M. The Elizabeth World Picture. Reference text.
- MacIntyre, Alasdair. After Virtue.
If a book is marked **, then you are required to use this translation. If you use a different translation, you will frequently be lost in seminar, and in some cases (in particular, with the Odyssey) it might as well be that you are reading an entirely different book.
Academic Fair is Monday, September 20, 4-6 p.m.
Susan and Stephen will be at a table on the first floor of the Library to answer any questions you may have.
See you next week!