Animal Book Elements Checklist
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Weekly Content Elements
- Direct Observations: text & image notes on animal appearance and activity
- Reflective Writing
Additional Essential Content Elements
- Introduction to Animal
- Common name
- Given name, if applicable
- How well do you know animal?
- Is this animal solitary or part of a group (flock, school, herd, etc.)?
- Can you identify individual w/in group or are you observing group as a whole?
- Where will you observe this animal?
- How will you observe this animal?
- Why are you observing this animal?
- Observation Site Map/Diagram
- Habitat Observations
Classroom Assignments that Belong in the Animal Book: