- Constructued Landscapes (MH)
- HJA Field Trip Final Organization: Ecological Observatories (JBC)
- Seminar on Goble & Hirt Ch 1-6 (all faculty)
Thursday 8am through Saturday 6pm: Field Trip to HJ Andrews LTER Site. Please see Field Trip Information and Itinerary. Check out our poem here: HJA poem and the movie version of our poem here: hja_poem_movie
Final Information Sheet and Itinerary will be posted above by Tuesday, October 11.
Meet in the C Parking Lot, near Sem 2, along the sidewalk BY 7:30 am.
Transportation will be provided, but your student account will be assessed$100 for food, lodging, entry fees to museum, etc. You will be refunded some $$$$ if we do not spend all this (which is likely).
Contact your seminar leader if this fee is a financial hardship for you; we will try to provide some help.
Reading (due Tuesday):
- Atlas of the Pacific Northwest (Jackson & Kimerling), p. 1-91
- Northwest Lands, Northwest Peoples (Goble & Hirt) Ch 1-6
Reading (due Thursday, for seminar on Field Trip): The Hidden Forest (Luoma)
- due Tuesday in class : Seminar preparation (Goble& Hirt), answer the Three Questions (1-5 sentences each, one page max) and bring hard copy.
- due Thursday on field trip: Seminar preparation (Luoma), answer the Three Questions (1-5 sentences each, one page max) and bring hard copy.
Alternate Assignment for those NOT going to HJA (due Thursday Oct. 20): Alternate assignment (click OK several times if an error message appears – it should eventually open up).
- 4-5pm – MESA 1st quarterly meeting. Grad Lounge, Lab I 3rd Floor.
- Tuesday, 5-5:45 – local organizations present volunteer and internship opportunities:Sustainable South Sound Mason Conservation District/Kennedy Creek/South Sound Salmon Enhancement Group, South Sound GREEN Water Watcher, ThurstonCounty Solid Waste, NW Ecobuilding Guild. Lab 1, room 3033 (outside Gail’s office, first classroom in hallway).