Tuesday Lecture (~6-7:30)
- Review z- and t-tests & simple linear regression and correlation (Slides Here)
- Debrief Field Trip – Overview of HJA science goals and Data Collection, Validation & Curation
- in faculty groups (see assigned list) Data Analysis Project Status (need two seminar rooms)
Tue Lab (~8-9:45)
- Recap of Week 3 Lab Report and Week 3/4 Assignment (due Monday, 4/25)
- if time present Regression in R, start on linear regression tutorial, if not defer until Thursday
- Lab to be posted at \\Orca\programs\qqmethods\Handouts\labsWeek5Tue
- Research Design Project Discussion and Examples
- Linear Regression and Correlation (Slides here)
- Research Design Project – present progress/update proposal to faculty (in teams).
- R: NO help session Sunday, April 24, 3-5pm (both paul and austen are out of town)
- R: Monday, April 25, 3-6 pm, CAL (both paul and austen will be there until 5pm, and austen will stay until 6pm, so there will be plenty of help)
- R: Sunday, May 1, 3-5pm, Paul
- R: Monday, May 2, 4-6pm, Austen
- Stats: Monday, April 25, with Kathleen, Lab I 3033 (just outside MES office) 7-9pm.
- at QuaSR: see http://www.evergreen.edu/mathcenter/ or call (360) 867-5547 for stats consulting hours????
- by Tuesday, Gotelli Review Ch. 8, Read Ch. 9 (thru top of p.262)
- by Thursday, Dalgaard Ch. 6, 9.
- R Assignment from Week 3, due Monday, April 25, 5 pm, to the moodle. An annotated copy of the assignment (with track changes on) is here. This will clarify which data set to use for the t/z tests. If you have trouble downloading that document, use this one (it has no track changes). if you get errors as you load the word file(s), just click through…..
- Data Analysis Project: Tuesday April 26, come to class ready to present orally any new developments in your proposal (in particular which topic(s), which dataset(s), what scientific question(s).
- Research Design Project: ASAP, but by Monday April 18, 5pm at latest. Topic Title and Bibliography, to moodle, with your team of 3 (or individually if you don’t yet have a team).
- Week 5 Lab Report: by Friday, April 29, 5pm. hardcopy to Judy’s mailbox in Lab 1 (first floor) or upload to \\Orca\programs\qqmethods\Workspace\_hand-In\Wk5TueLabReports, or to moodle.
- Week5 Stats Homework: hardcopy (by hand) due Tuesday Week 6, in lecture. (Assignment here) The key is posted here.