- Hypothesis Testing, one and two populations
- z- and t-tests (see below “thursday” for Kathleen’s Thursday lecture notes)
- News about the Field Trip – April 20-24 – see Week 4 schedule for final handout.
- Data Analysis Project (Handout)
Tue Lab (~8-9:45)
Posted at \\Orca\programs\qqmethods\Handouts\labsWeek3Tue
- Rachel Carson Forum, 6pm-7:30 Longhouse, Paul Stamets Fungi Perfecti
- Since the Lecture lasted longer than anticipated, we did not meet in the CAL until 9:15 (an hour late) , so will post notes below for you.
- Kathleen’s notes on two sample t-tests here.
- Paul’s and Judy’s solution to Week 2 R Lab here.
- Several solutions to the Week 2 R assignment (descriptive analysis of the juul dataset are posted (Judy’s HaydukKruse KangiserStavely; corresponding R scripts for some of the graphs here. (unfortunately, the script is a .docx not a .txt file – I’m trying to get .txt files ok’d for upload to the blog).
Note changes in due dates (“assignments: below)!
About the Field Trip:
- Remember to pay the Field Trip Assessment!
- Van Drivers for Field Trip: Please have your permits by 11am Wednesday April 13, or contact Judy.
- link to final field trip handout posted on Week 4 schedule!
R Help Sessions:
- Sunday, April 17, 3-5pm, CAL.
- Monday, April 18, 3-5pm, CAL.
- NO HELP SESSION FRIDAY, APRIL 20 due to field trip.
- Sunday, April April 24, 3-5pm, CAL
- Monday, April 25, 3-5pm, CAL
Stats Help Sessions:
- Monday, April 25, with Kathleen, Lab I 3033 (just outside MES office) 7-9pm.
- at QuaSR: see http://www.evergreen.edu/mathcenter/ or call (360) 867-5547 for stats consulting hours.
- by Tuesday, Gotelli Ch. 5 and 7.
- by Thursday, Dalgaard Ch. 5.
- by Wednesday, April 20, Gotelli Ch. 8 – IMPORTANT FOR FIELD TRIP!
- Lab Assignment from Week 2, due Monday, April 11, 5 pm, to the moodle. The assignment is given in on the fileshare, in Handouts: Wk2TueLabRev.
- Data Analysis Project: ASAP, but by Monday April 18 (5pm) at latest. Topic Proposal, with your lab partner. Upload changes as per faculty suggestions by Wednesday April 20 8am.
- Research Design Project: ASAP, but by Monday April 18, 5pm at latest. Topic Title and Bibliography, to moodle, with your team of 3 (or individually if you don’t yet have a team).
- Week3 Stats Homework: due Thursday by hand (or if that is too soon for you), bring Wednesday on the field trip). Key is located here.
- Week 3 Lab Report: by Monday, April 18, 5pm. hardcopy to Judy’s mailbox in Lab 1 (first floor) or upload to \\Orca\programs\qqmethods\Workspace\_hand-In\Wk3TueLabReports, or to moodle.
- Lab Assignment from Week 3, due after the field trip — Monday April 25, 5pm, to the moodle.
- New Stats Homework on two populations posted here, due with the other Week 3 stats homework, bring Wednesday on the field trip. (this is the same homework Kathleen posted to the moodle under Week 3 Assignments) Key for two populations homework accessed here.